About Us

We are a family of four and a half- Seth, Bethany, Blevin and Caleb and another little man on the way. Seth is on staff with Campus Outreach and I (Bethany) stay at home with the boys and sometimes sell Usborne books and am making some attempt to homeschool. Blevin is almost five and is the compassionate (most of the time) Transformer and super hero loving boy. Caleb is almost three and keeps me on my toes- there is never a dull moment with him around!!

Monday, February 25, 2008

Georgia on my mind


















Packing up- Blevin and Caleb are enjoying hanging out in the boxes










The boys hanging out in the truck!
Caleb has a wall of built-ins in his room- so of course it did not take them long to climb on in!
Well.....the move is over and we are official Georgians! After moving and getting settled for a week, Blevin got the flu and then this past weekend I got to go to St. Louis with a friend to see another friend! So- it has been a whirlwind too! I have adjusted pretty well to Carrollton! It is a really neat town. The first few days it was an adjustment to Eastern time, we had been outside and Caleb started getting fussy and I just thought he was fussy and then I would look at the clock and it was dinner time and I had no idea because it was so pretty outside! The boys have adjusted just fine- EVERYTIME we leave and come back Blevin says we are at our new house! I love the house, so that is good- it has kept me distracted from being sad about leaving Jacksonville! The one real reality was going to church here the first Sunday- it was good, but not Grace Fellowship- who by the way gave us a brunch the Sunday before we left that was so encouraging and sad at the same time- I am fighting tears right now thinking about how the people of that church have affected us and I am so thankful for the lifelong friends we have made. So, Georgia has been good and I confident this is where we are supposed to be!

13 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so sad you guys are gone, but I am so happy that you are getting settled in and making the adjustment. After church Sunday Jackson said "Blevin was not in church I miss him" It was too sweet :) We will be getting together soon for a playdate with kids and girl time. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Take more pictures of the house so I can see! Thanks so much for visiting this weekend. I loved spending time with you.

katie said...

b, praying for you with this transition!
love!!

MaryMartha said...

How close is Carrolton to Columbus?
I would love to play :)

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

So glad the move went well. Welcome to Georgia! We will have to stop and see y'all next time we drive to Alabama. I hope you continue to adjust well.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bethany!

I just started reading ya'lls blog. Carrollton will take a little while, but I promise you will grow to love. :) I had a sentimental moment when I was reading your blog. That town and the church are so dear to my heart. But I know how hard change can be. Eat lots of the Border for me. And if you don't think it is the best Mexican on earth yet, just give it some time, haha!

Tamara said...

Miss you guys a bunch! Hope to see you soon.

Tamara

Anonymous said...

Hey Bethany!! I am so glad you guys are getting settled...I thought about you on the
22nd...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

LOVE,
April Brown

Kitty Brown said...

Congratulations on putting the move and the flu (hopefully) in the rearview mirror -- that's very exciting!

jennifer said...

My first visit to the blog, it is great! Seeing the boys gave me a lump in my throat, but I am so glad to hear they are doing well and they like their new home. We miss ya'll and will be praying for the work God has for you there.

Angie Davis said...

Oh wow, happy belated birthday!

Acker Family said...

We miss y'all so much here in Alabami! It's just not the same without y'all! I'm glad that you like your new house and all, and that we got to have lunch with you the other day! Love you, Bethany!
Abigail

thewheelerfamily said...

I love reading your blog and keeping up with your beautiful family. I am praying for you during this transition. Love, Gayle