About Us

We are a family of four and a half- Seth, Bethany, Blevin and Caleb and another little man on the way. Seth is on staff with Campus Outreach and I (Bethany) stay at home with the boys and sometimes sell Usborne books and am making some attempt to homeschool. Blevin is almost five and is the compassionate (most of the time) Transformer and super hero loving boy. Caleb is almost three and keeps me on my toes- there is never a dull moment with him around!!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Being a mom

Although mother's day was three days ago, I am just now getting around to writing about it- We had a great day- we actually got to see both of our mom's, which has never happened and got to see their faces when they opened their cards! We are so thankful for them and the example and help they have been for us as we are parenting our own children. On our way home from B'ham, Seth had me list out my top 10 reasons I love being a mom and then he told me the top 10-15 reasons I was a great mom- so I thought I would fill you in on my favorite things...

Top 10 reasons I love being a mom
(these are in no particular order)
1. Being a mom with Seth- he is a great daddy and I am so thankful we get to tackle this adventure together

2. Blevin- my sweet first born who i like to refer to as my angel

3. Caleb- my determined second child who is full of life and ready to tackle life- literally

4. Laughter- hearing them laugh always makes me smile

5. Listening to Blevin talk and get a taste of a 3 year old's imagination

6. Hearing Blevin say I love you and Caleb's open mouth kisses

7. No matter how long I have been gone- even just a few minutes- I can walk in- hear little feet- hear "Mommy" and get hugs

8. Having Caleb stop playing and just need to come sit in my lap for a few moments of peace and comfort

9. Having constant entertainment, even if I do need a referee shirt most of the day

10. It is so fun!!!


so....there is a little insight on how much I love being a mommy and am trying to treasure every moment!

3 comments:

Kitty Brown said...

Happy Mother's Day -- hope you guys weren't affected by the storms?

Aimee said...

Bout time you updated!!!!!

So glad you had a great Mother's Day. Being a mom is incredible.

We miss you over here....

Are you going to be at beach Project when we come down?????

Acker Family said...

oh, bethany, i love you so much! you ARE such a wonderful mother! miss you tons!

Abigail