About Us

We are a family of four and a half- Seth, Bethany, Blevin and Caleb and another little man on the way. Seth is on staff with Campus Outreach and I (Bethany) stay at home with the boys and sometimes sell Usborne books and am making some attempt to homeschool. Blevin is almost five and is the compassionate (most of the time) Transformer and super hero loving boy. Caleb is almost three and keeps me on my toes- there is never a dull moment with him around!!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

So Thankful

Today was a typical Tuesday- bible study this morning, PB & J for lunch, refereeing a few fights, then nap time! So...nap time is usually the time when I reward myself for surviving the day so far and enjoy a little peace and quiet. Today, like many, did not go as planned. Caleb was really tired and only slept a little while and then woke up- obviously still exhausted. So... I laid on the couch with him snuggled on my chest and as I thought of my "To- Do" list that I was not getting done- I also thought about how thankful I am that I get to lay on the couch and let my sweet angel take a nap on my chest while I catch up on Martha Stewart. Just thought we could all take a moment and pause and thank God for how thankful we should be....even when things don't go just as we planned!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely going to need you to live next door and remind me of this when this taskmaster starts having babies!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe I will have a cell phone again by then and can call you all the time! :)

Aimee said...

So glad to have another blogging buddy.
I have come to realize how precious those moments are when things don't go as planned. I enjoy the small things in life so much more.
Enjoy your babies.
Still in denial about you moving....

Anonymous said...

great thoughts!!! The Spirit has kept the question, "Are you enjoying these sweet blessings?" on my mind and heart all week. Thankful perspective changes so much!!